Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hello

Hello to all in Tat Land

The closer the surgery becomes the busier I become! Just got the pre-op done along with the blood work. Also had to buy a special leg elevator pillow for after the operation.
But I have been able to do some knitting and tatting too.




Can you guess what these are?!?





TOE TOPPERS!!!!

I hate having cold feet and I will not be able to wear socks after Nov. 4th so I came up with these little toe toppers to help keep my toes warm!! What do you think?


Next we have the ``Magic Square``. Norm with the Fringe shared this pattern with my friend Pat and she shared it with me. I love this piece!! It is done in one pass and is easy but a challenge all in one. The rings and chains are all the same through out the piece but you really have to pay attention to where you do your joins. I did this in size 10 Lizabeth, colour autumn spice!!




And here we have some test tatting I did for Lily at ``The Eye Candy for Crafters``. Really enjoyed doing these earrings. Might have to make some for X-Mas gifts!!





Speaking of test tatting if anyone needs some done and are not in too much of a rush, I could do some for you.(That is if you trust a needle tatter!! Looking your way Jane!! Hee hee)
I hope to be able to think straight and start work on anything about the middle of November. If interested in putting me to work for you just email me. (address found in my profile)

Must run! Time for work!!
Tatfully Yours
Kelly

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Kelly!
    Thank you for your recent comments on tat-ology. I was so happy to hear from you and sad I did not get to the Fringe tat-day.

    Your surgery is coming up? The good part is that you will have lots of time to tat!

    That square is so difficult for me. If I recall correctly, there was one much like it in the T.A.T. course and I have done several other patterns, each of them driving me screaming straight to the bottle of Advil - extra-strength! Yours is very pretty.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheeky mooooo. Digging your needle into an old git like me!!!! You're dangerous with that thing!!!! I just LOVE the toe topper idea. That's the only thing that needles should be used for!!! YIKES, just hurt my nose ducking down under my keyboard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your square is wonderful and your earring nice too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the toe toppers, I just cut off some old socks when I had surgery so many years ago, I would have loved toe toppers :D good job :X

    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do hope your surgery goes well and you get back on your feet quickly, I love your toe warmers, they look great, gorgeous magic square looks an interesting pattern, like you while I was ill I did a lot of knitting and tatting.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete